Monday, November 7, 2011

30 min rolls. UPDATED

I've always loved homemade bread/rolls, and my family
does too... but I'm not as long on patience as I should be.
But I also don't wanna pay so much for Rhodes frozen dough!
Which is why I was stoked to come across this awesome idea!
---
30 Minute Rolls
(yes, that's from start to finish !!)
---
INGREDIENTS:
-
1 C. plus 2 T. warm water
-
1/3 C. oil (I used veg., she uses canola)
-
2 T. yeast (or 2 of the pre-packaged packets)
-
1/4 C. sugar
-
1/2 t. salt
-
1 egg
-
3 1/2 C. flour
-----
DIRECTIONS:
-
1. Preheat to 400
-
2. In bowl combine water, oil, yeast and sugar (mix in
mixer or with beaters or stir).  Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
-
3. Using your dough hook (or your hands like me!), mix
in salt, egg and flour.  Knead (w/ hook or hands) til well
incorporated and dough is soft and smooth.
(Mine was a bit sticky so I added small palms of flour til I
could manage it.)
-
4. Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a
greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.

-
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
Voila!
---
**UPDATE: The first time I made these, I measured out the 2 T. of yeast,
and while they were good, they tasted a bit yeast-y. 
Since then, I've used 2 of the small packets (which are actually a bit less
than a tablespoon), and it's worked like magic!

This original recipe came from YourHomeBasedMom

No comments: