Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cream Cheese Chicken Wraps

I've done chicken crescent wraps before,
but I have no idea what I put in them and I
cannot find any recipe for it... hmmm...
-
But today, I wanted to make them,
so I took a recipe from Plain Chicken
and tweaked it for my family ;)
The original recipe is HERE, and includes
a gravy, which my family thinks is "weird."
haha.  not.
Anyway, so here's my final product,
and I must say, I was eating the chicken filling
Out Of The Pan! yummy.
As always, I'd say season more/less/differently
based on you and your family !
===
INGREDIENTS:
-
3 large chicken breasts (or any chicken meat, really)
-
6 oz. cream cheese
-
2-3 T. butter
-
1/2 to 1 tsp. garlic powder
-
3/4 to 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
-
2-ish tsp minced onion flakes
-
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
-
1/2 tsp pepper
-
1/4 to 1/2 tsp celery salt
-
2 T. milk
-
*if desired- 3/4 to 1 c. grated cheddar to sprinkle
on top of crescents
-
1/2 can cream of chicken (cream of celery
would be yummy too)
-
2-3 cans refrigerated crescent rolls-
I prefer the larger sized rolls
===
DIRECTIONS
-
1. Preheat to 350. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces
and cook (I boiled). (You may cut afterwards, instead.)
-
2. I used the same pan, while the chicken was draining
in the colander, to mix up the cream cheese, butter, garlic
powder, onion, cheddar, salts, pepper, milk and soup (I only
used a half a can of the soup to keep it from being too thin)
over low heat.
-
3. You may leave the chicken in bite-sized pieces, but
this time I shredded it up just a bit.  Mix it into the filling
mixture. Fill each crescent dough triangle with a heaping
tablespoon of filling (for larger crescents).  Place crescents
into a sprayed/greased 9x13 pan.
-
4. You may top crescents with a bit of cheese or gravy
(see original recipe link for gravy).  Bake for about 30 mins
or til crescents are golden and cooked through.

No comments: