Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cream Cheese Lemon Bars (!)

I must preface this with one fact: (which I hope doesn't offend
anyone who may make or like them this way)
I have a really difficult time with lemon bars that have
the texture of gel... you know what I mean?
Some lemon bars are more cakey-creamy, and some
are more gel-ly.  I like the first kind.
-
I have never, ever made lemon bars.
These were super-easy, quite fast and they are heaven!
---
Cream Cheese Lemon Bars
-
INGREDIENTS:
-
1 box lemon cake mix
-
1/3 c. margarine or butter, softened
-
1 egg
-
8 oz. cream cheese
-
1 c. powdered sugar
-
1/2 lemon's peel, grated *if desired (I didn't do this part)
-
2 T. lemon juice or 1/2-1 fresh-squeezed lemon juice
-
2 eggs
-
1 t. vanilla
=====
=====
DIRECTIONS
-
1. In bowl, blend cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
-
2. Press into a 9x13 cake pan, ungreased.
-
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth, then blend in the
powdered sugar.
-
4. Mix in lemon juice and lemon peel (*if using peel).
-
5. Reserve 1/2 c. of this mixture and refrigerate for later use.
-
6. Beat the remaining 2 eggs and vanilla into the remaining
cream cheese mixture til blended.
-
7. Spread the mixture over the cake mixture.
-
8. Bake @ 350 til set (about 25 mins.)
-
9. Cool completely.
-
10. Spread reserved cream cheese mix onto bars.
-
11. Refrigerate til firm; cut and serve!
(I also sprinkled some powdered sugar over top!
Or you could sprinkle some lemon zest too...)


-recipe from RecipeTips.com via Pinterest

No comments: