Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

This is not a joke ;)
I've tried a handful of alfredo recipes- all of which are good,
but none of which have had that certain Olive Garden taste!
HELLO!  This is super simple and tastes so perfect!

INGREDIENTS:
1 stick butter
2 T. cream cheese
1 pint heavy cream
1 t. garlic powder
S&P
1/2 to 2/3 c. parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, cream cheese and heavy cream together.
-
2. Add garlic powder, parmesan and season with S&P (I'm not a huge pepper fan BUT to make this taste authentic, I've found I need a good amount of pepper.) 
-
3. Simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly (til parm is melted and sauce is creamy.)
-
4. Serve over hot fettucine noodles.  (I like to use angel hair too, for a less heavy meal!... and chicken!)

===
(On pinterest, I've also found an Olive Garden salad dressing and salad recipe, and a breadstick recipe, but I haven't tried them yet...)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I always order the Alfredo at olive garden with the grilled chicken! So dang good