Monday, September 20, 2010

Quinoa Salad anyone???.....










Every once in a while you come across a dish that is healthy, delicious, and satisfying...

That would be Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa)

It's a grain that is called the perfect protein..no gluten is in it either


prepare quinoa using directions on pkg.
1c. of grain per 2 cups liquid (I sometimes use chicken broth to enhance flavor)

cook approx. 10-12 min

add cut up red and green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, red onion, or green onion, add a can of

black beans drained and corn drained if you would like.

Then drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top and stir. salt and pepper to taste. It keeps for days...When I get it out of the fridge I drizzle a little more oil and vinegar on it.

seriously
delicious

I make this salad at least once a week...
You know when you crave something, but don't know what?
I promise this will do it for you...

No comments: