Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fresh Salsa and Guacomole.....


Guacamole

1/2 c. diced yellow onion

1/2 - 1 c. chopped cilantro leaves

1-2 jalapenos seeded and chopped

1/2 tsp. salt

4 perfectly ripe hass avocados

4 ripe italian tomatoes (roma) seeded and diced

I just roughly cut everything up and "pulse" in food processor

until desired consistancy..
When Mark and I were visiting in Mexico, they had the best guac..
they said they add a touch of milk...it will never turn brown..
(the picture above is guacamole that I made last night it's still green
because I added a touch of milk when I made it.)


Fresh Salsa

6-8 large ripe tomatoes

(firm, not too ripe)

2- jalapeno peppers

(remove seeds if you don't like the heat)

1 lrg. onion

1 tbsp. fresh cilantro

1/2 tsp. garlic pd. or 1 chopped garlic clove

1 tbsp. onion salt

2 tbsp. lime juice

roughly cut up and put in food processor

and "pulse" till you have desired consistance
We don't always have time to make fresh but when we do
fan-tas-ti-co

1 comment:

Belle said...

wow-this blog's looking dangerous! I LOVE Guacamole and this is a simple recipe and everything here looks sooo good! eliz