Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blueberry Lemon cake

We just got back from New York, and one of our
favorite dishes was a lemon blueberry cake.
So....as soon as I got home
 I went to find a recipe that I felt was similar to
what we had in NY.
Well hello there, I found it and it was easy!!!!
Yes, this is my own creation.

Go to the store and buy a Betty Crocker pound cake.
To that add 2/3 c. milk
1 stick softened butter
2 eggs
beat together and add the following:
1 c. fresh blueberries or frozen
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 c. or less of fresh lemon juice
pour into greased and floured pan.
Can use loaf pans--bake for 25-30 min
bundt cake pan-33-38 min
angel food cake pan-35-40 min
or.....
when toothpick comes out clean.
bake @ 350

let cool and then poor lemon juice-powdered sugar glaze over top..
SCUR-UMP-TIOUS!!!
DE-LIC-IOUS

1 comment:

Joe and Marci said...

Yeah, it was good! It barely made it home with us last night and didn't last much longer after that! Thanks for sharing :)