Monday, March 26, 2012

Flourless Chocolate-Chocolate Chip cookies

These are some of the best cookies I've ever made....with or without gluten. Happily for Emma, they are gluten-free and oh, so delicious!! They are fudgy and chocolately and yummy!
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2-4 large egg whites (I used 3)
1 tbsp. vanilla (make sure it's gluten-free, if that's what you're going for)
chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt. Mix in egg whites (start with two) until the batter is moistened. It's going to be thick, fudgy, and brownie-like. I used three egg whites to get the whole thing moist. I guess my eggs weren't that big.

Gently stir in the chocolate chips. I think I used about a cup, but you can use as many or as little as you want. They add a nice texture to the finished cookie.

Spoon batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper dusted with cooking spray, or just with a silpat. (I used a silpat, and they turned out perfectly)

Bake for about 15 minutes. They will be glossy on top and beginning to crackle.

They are light and fudgy and so delicious! (Thanks Pinterest :)