Monday, February 20, 2012

Marinade How-To (and an approximate pork chop marinade recipe ;)

I very clearly remember hearing something on Food Network
that I never forgot about marinades:
To make a marinade, you need 3 things:
an acid, an oil and your herbs/flavoring.
-
I can honestly say that there are a couple of bottled
marinades and sauces that I love, but that after learning that,
I'm also not afraid to whip up my own marinade!
-
So a few weeks ago when all we had left in the fridge was
pork chops, I threw together a few things and it was yum!
(This is not a specific recipe, cuz the husband "accidentally"
threw away my post-it note recipe...)
-
PORK CHOP MARINADE:
-
Mix in a large bowl:
-
2-4 c. soy sauce
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. lime juice (or lemon, or pineapple...)
1 T. sesame oil (this stuff is powerful!)
1/2 an onion, diced (or a couple tablespoons of onion flakes)
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
a couple tablespoons of garlic, sliced, diced or crushed
1/2 c. veg oil
-
Stir and smell- if it doesn't smell like you want it to,
you could add more of any ingredient, depending
on what you think it needs.
Also, there's not much seasoning in this marinade,
other than the salt in the soy, so season your meat when you
cook it!
For pork chops, this was yum.

No comments: