Monday, January 9, 2012

Sues English Toffee Pudding to die for best dessert ever...

This recipe is for My sister Leslie, who when asked
for this recipe, I told her to check our family recipe blog
because it was on it.
But I lied, because it indeed was not on it yet!!
kay...it was worth waiting for!

FIRST let me interject a little history on this recipe.
When I was visiting England, and eating at their restaurants,
 we enjoyed finishing our dinner
with sticky toffee pudding.
 (yes, after every dinner and every time they had it on the menu)
 When I got back to America and started craving this dessert,
 I googled recipes until I
put this one together.
I nailed it.
 It's been called the "best Dessert ever" by the Heugly gang.
*
heat oven to 350
grease 11x7 baking dish
boil 3/4 c. chopped dates for 5 min. in 1 1/4 c. water
 (dates are found where you buy raisins, and they come chopped)
When dates are soft and cooled a little add 1 tsp. baking soda.
cream together 4 TBLS. unsalted butter, 3/4 c. sugar until light and fluffy.
Then add 2 eggs beaten and beat well.
Mix in dates, and 1 1/3c.  SELF-RISING FLOUR
add 1 tsp. vanilla and pour into greased pan. 30 minutes or until firm.
***
decadent sauce:
 (this is what makes the dessert)
heat all together in a pan until hot (not boiling and thick)
Can be made ahead of time and then heat up before serving.
6 TBLS. butter
5 oz. light brown sugar
4 TBLS. cream
I ALWAYS double, or triple this recipe
(for this Christmas I made 8 batches)
We like this O.K.?
 because you want a  tiny piece of cake with the sauce dripping all over it.
Serve the cake warm (stick in microwave just before serving) with warm sauce
and spray a little canned "real whipped cream"

*****
you may say dates? self rising flour? unsalted butter? too much work!!
Well, you want the best dessert ever? then quit complaining
and just do it..
(we are serving this to our whole Relief Society this Thursday after our activity)
They will all want the recipe, and you got it first...
You are welcome)
Truly this is an original recipe by Sue!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

okay first: We need to have a discush about your recipe TITLES hahahaha. second: my mom LOVES these kinds of desserts, but yes, you have to kindly (BUT STERNLY) remind her to check here. third: this is evil. if i make it, i would hide it in the cupboard no one gets in and eat it all myself. so thanks alot.