Sunday, December 12, 2010

in love w/ this Meat Pie

-
I came across a super-simple recipe for Meat Pies,
so I tried it out and it is awesome!  Everyone loved them-
super filling, tasty and easy.
This makes TWO 9-INCH PIES.
-
INGREDIENTS:
-
2 lbs. hamburger (or less, or more...)
-
1 small onion, chopped (or some dried onion flakes)
-
1 can condensed beef with vegetable and barley soup
-
1 - 1 1/2 can golden mushroom soup
-
3 med. uncooked potatoes, chopped into 1/2-in. or smaller cubes
(I was in a hurry, so I grated 'em so they'd cook faster)
-
4 med. carrots, sliced 1/8 in. or less
(again, due to my hurry-ness, I used a bag of frozen
carrots and peas)
-
S&P to taste
-
2 (or 4) refrigerated pre-made pie crusts
(2 if you just want crust on top; 4 if you want crust
on the bottoms too)
---
DIRECTIONS:
-
In skillet, cook beef with onion til meat isn't pink; drain.
-
Add soups, potatoes, veggies, S&P and mix well.
-
Divide mixture between 2 9-in. pie plates (if using 4 crusts,
place 1 crust in each plate first).
-
Place a crust on top of each pie, seal edges and cut
slits in top of crusts.
-
Bake 350 for 45-50 mins or til golden brown.
(If using less meat, or if using smaller potatoes and
frozen veggies like I did, you may not need to cook that long.)
-
Enjoy! 
NOTE: These taste even BETTER after they've become
leftovers and have been in the fridge overnight ;)

No comments: