A couple of years ago, I was watching the Bonnie Hunt show (love her!)
and she said that Kim Kardashian was going to be on later to cook her
macaroni and cheese... so I waited-
It looked SO yummy, and it was not difficult, so I got the recipe and
made it for our next big dinner- THANKSGIVING!
(it's not usually a great idea to try a new recipe on a holiday, but this
time it happened to work out...)
It is super-delish, rich and creamy... yummy.
It does take a little longer to melt and mix all the cheeses, so I usually
just make it for 'big' meals or holidays.
4 c. dry elbow macaroni
2 c. milk
1 lb. Velveeta, cut into cubes
2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 c. shreded Cheddar cheese
1 stick butter (she recommended unsalted but I use regular)
1 t. garlic salt
1 t. Lawry's seasoning salt
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
Place in large mixing bowl.
2. Heat milk in large saucepan, add butter and cheeses, stirring until melted-
(this takes a few minutes). Add seasonings.
3. Pour cheese mixture over pasta and stir to mix.
4. Pour into rectangular baking dish (you may prep dish with cooking spray first)
5. Sprinkle some additional shredded cheeses over top. Bake 30 mins or
until bubbling and brown.