Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holy Pecan Pie Bars. Yup. Holy.

I got this original idea from Pinterest (of course),
but then I did some checking around online to find
a recipe that was simple and didn't have 5,000 ingredients.
...Cuz that's how I roll.
I first tried these out on Thanksgiving...
Oh. My.
They are worthy of slow chewing and
great adoration by your tastebuds ;)
---
INGREDIENTS:
-
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 eggs
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
---
DIRECTIONS:
-
Preheat oven to 350° F. For crust, beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until well blended. Add flour gradually, beating at low speed after each addition. (Mixture will be crumbly but presses together easily).
-
Press dough evenly into ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Press mixture slightly up sides of pan (less than 1/4 inch) to form lip to hold filling.
-
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, for filling, beat eggs lightly in medium bowl with fork. Add pecans, granulated sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla; mix well. Pour filling over partially baked crust. Return to oven; bake 35 to 40 minutes or until filling is set.
-
Loosen edges with knife. Cool completely on wire rack before cutting into squares. Cover and refrigerate until 10 to 15 minutes before serving time. Do not freeze.
-

3 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Dang, those look good! My kids have been asking for pecan pie, but these look way easier...your timing couldn't be better...thanks!

Sue said...

made these today for my sisters and mom. Delish. Thanks Britt.

Sue said...

kay...made these scrumpious little celestial bites for the fam. Half for my sisters and half for Christmas. Mind you I had homemade fudge, cookies, pumpkin pie, slush and english toffee pudding for Christmas. Your devlish pecan bars were the first to go. Guess who devoured them all? Mike and Lauren, my teenagers!! Liz felt bad she didn't get any.

Yes these hip pounders will get made again and again!!
I just love it when I discover a new recipe and it works!
Thanks Britt, your find on this was a super hit, you little Betty Crocker you♥