Wednesday, September 7, 2011

(SuperEasy) Pumpkin Choc Chip BROWNIES

Okay- this is a recipe I found on Pinterest,
and hung onto til I was going to a dinner Monday night.
I decided to venture out on a limb and try these out-
they were a H I T!!!!! Even Suka, who is NOT a dessert
man by any means- has eaten every last crumb of what
we kept here in the pan.  And don't even get me started
(I'm a HUGE pump-choc-chip super-fan!)
These rock!  And they are super easy!!!
---
INGREDIENTS:-
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used the canned kind)
-
1 whole egg
-
2 egg whites (**I used 3 whole eggs instead of
splitting like this- which I was told was OK in
a brownie recipe)
-
1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
-
1 cup flour
-
1 tsp baking powder
-
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
-
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-
1/2 tsp ground allspice
-
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
-
1/4 tsp salt
-
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
-
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
=====
DIRECTIONS:
-
*Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line an 11″- x 7″-inch pan
with parchment paper.
(I didn't have parchment, so I sprayed with trusty old Pam)
-
*In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil
until smooth. Set aside.
-
*In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour,
baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.
Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly
incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
-
*Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.
Cool completely before cutting. (*If you don't wait for the cooling,
you will have a brownie-cutting mess on your hands ;)
=====
How easy is that?!?!
Everyone loved these- I especially loved the texture-
more like a flatter, chewy brownie, rather than a
cookie or cake, like you usually get with this flavor.
So awesome.
Original recipe from HERE.

1 comment:

Joe and Marci said...

Yum! I love pumpkin, I love choc chips, I love this recipe, thank you!