Saturday, September 24, 2011

Apple slaw..

I'm a slaw girl. But most recipes are fattening.
 I know that isn't a problem for me, (ya right) but some members
of the family are having to eat healthier choices...
blah, blah,, blah...
So here is an alternative that
I made while we were watching the BYU game.
 (yes we won)


Fuji Apple Slaw..
1 head Napa cabbage shredded
 (I used just plain ole green cabbage)
1/2 red onion julienne (tiny skinny slices)
2 fuji apples julienne (I used gala apples)
1 1/2 tsp. celery seed ( I did have this on hand)
*
1 TBLS. dijon mustard
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1 lrg. shallot (love these)
3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. honey

*
mince shallot and place in a bowl with vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt
chop the rest of the veggies
Slowly wisk in olive oil to the shallots, vinegar, and mustard to emusify. (blend)
dress the cabbage and apples with the vinaigrette, then add the celery seed. Allow
to marry in fridge for at least 30 min.
*
Colin had 3 large helpings. Mark loved this.
Definitely a thumbs up!
Tasty and light and healthy.
Your welcome.

No comments: