Monday, October 18, 2010

[super-easy] Apple Tart

Whenever I need to lose a few pounds,
I go Low-Carb/Low-Sugar.  It's always worked well
(and fast) for me, and it's easy for me to stick with.
---
Having said that, several months ago I was watching Food Network
and the Neelys made this beautiful, yummy-looking Apple-pie-kind-of
dessert... and it only took like FIVE MINUTES!!
---
So I took that recipe and adjusted it into a lower-sugar version.
So here's mine:
===
===
Lower-Sugar Apple Tart
-
INGREDIENTS:
-
4-5 red delicious apples**
(** the original calls for 2 golden delicious apples
and 2 granny smith apples- these are considered better for
baking; I tried these and I just prefer the sweetness of red
delicious to the boldness and tartness of the other two- so use
wichever apples you love!)
1/4-1/2 c. Splenda
¼-1/2 t. cinnamon
Pinch salt
1 pie dough sheet (found by the pre-made cookie dough)
Cooking spray
2-3 T. melted butter
Canned reddy whip or ice cream for topping
---
DIRECTIONS:
---
Preheat to 350
Peel, core, and slice the apples
Toss apples, splenda, cinnamon, and salt together
Spray baking sheet; put dough (12-in. round) on cookie sheet
Put apple mixture in center and spread evenly,
leaving about 1/2-1 inch of dough around edges to fold over
Fold crust over for rimmed crust
Brush crust with melted butter and drizzle some butter over apples
Bake until crust is golden brown- as dough directions say or about 40 minutes
Allow to cool
Top with reddi-whip or ice cream-

No comments: